The Hope Clinic of The Emory Vaccine Center
The Hope Clinic serves as the clinical arm of the Emory Vaccine Center, directing all of our current on-site clinical vaccine trials, including those of the Merck & Co.-produced HIV vaccines, and provides translation of pre-clinical vaccine research into clinical trials in humans.
The Hope Clinic is a one-of-a-kind entity that supports the following objectives:
- Facilitating clinical evaluation of vaccines
- Facilitating studies of immune function in humans
- Studying the relationship between infectious agents and the immune system
- Fostering relationships with communities at risk for contracting diseases such as AIDS
- Characterizing the diverse factors that affect the willingness of individuals at risk for HIV infection to participate in HIV vaccine clinical trials.